Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Our Class Wiki - So Far

     So far, I have been learning more about the Twitch.tv platform for streaming games. I wanted to focus on this and similar platforms like Azubu because gaming has been one of my hobbies since I was in grade school. A service that promotes something that I love to do is something I can definitely get behind. The scene in e-sports is growing rapidly and these sites are creative ways for streamers to do what they love, and get paid for it. Twitch is also a good way for video game publishers to advertise their new releases because everyone always streams new games (WoW, Pokemon, FIFA, E3 conference). In certain channels, the regular viewers have built communities to laugh, discuss, and watch people play games. I see that we have a small section on streaming services, but I want to expand that because Twitch has added more features recently, as well as introduce other platforms. I have been around for all of the updates and know of many notable sponsored charity events that Twitch participates in.
     If possible, I would like to add to sections about gaming as well. We have a lot of sections about games, most of which I have played or know about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kar,
    Your topic is really interesting, I know many people who se streaming sites such as Twitch.tv and Azubu. These services are successful platforms for gamers who love to stream and play games. It allows them to raise funding for themselves to continue what they love to do. These sites also bring together all sorts of people for one common cause their love of a certain game. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about these sites.

    -Kenny Chen

    ReplyDelete